Be realistic with me

Started by eimaise
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eimaise

eimaise
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My stats:

cumulative GPA: 3.71
science GPA: 3.62

MCAT #1 May 2009: 25 R
8 verbal
8 physical
9 biological

MCAT #2 April 2010: 26 R
10 verbal
7 physical
9 biological

Applied to 10 MD schools and 12 D.O. schools for entrance in 2011.

I went to George Mason University and had pretty good extracurriculars with current volunteer work.

I have been sent 11 out of 12 D.O. secondaries and 7 out of 10 M.D. secondaries.

I really would be more inclined to go to an M.D. school should they offer me an acceptance, but I am curious if I am just chasing the wind.

M.D. school's which gave me secondaries:
1. Drexel
2. George Washington
3. Marshall
4. New York Medical College
5. Tulane
6. University of Virginia
7. Virginia Commonwealth

Anybody else out there with similar situations who got into an M.D. school?