Beards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that had this been the 90's, beardless would be the way to go. However, the beard is back lately, so I think a well groomed beard would be acceptable.
 
a299_b8.jpg


Can't go wrong with something like this
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you're going to grow a beard, go big or go home. The only way to impress an adcom is with innovative engineering, similar to this man: http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1924916. This fellow has a full cage around his head along with a real working door made completely out of beard hair. If your beard can't successfully house a bird, you're merely disheveled.
 
Last edited:
damn!.....:smack:

so you guys mean to tell me this is totally unacceptable? What if i designed the initials of the med school i was going to interview at?

design1.jpg
 
damn!.....:smack:

so you guys mean to tell me this is totally unacceptable? What if i designed the initials of the med school i was going to interview at?

design1.jpg

who is this dude? He looks like a popular Russian singer...
Edit: btw i like the style
 
OP

I grow a decent beard but since I work in a Fire Based EMS its a blanket policy on beards, Shave ( Even the women😀).
To me though I think their are far an few folks that you walk in an they say " I see 4.0gpa MCAT 45 Saved Kittens From Burning Tree, Cured Cancer and World Hunger, No Beard well Im sorry but good day sir, I SAID GOOD DAY SIR!😱.

Safe bet shave.

Good Luck/Disclaimer Don't Take My Word, I Don't:laugh:
 
Sometimes, you can look better with a beard....who do you think would get an offer, KSM in picture#1 or KSM in picture#2?
ksm1.jpg

Khalid-Mohammed.jpg
 
Last edited: