Beating the stress

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How do you relax?

• Exercise, play sports or run until physically exhausted and collapse on side of road

Votes: 20 37.0%
  • Go out, socialize, drink; possibly bring home a "friend" for extra relaxation

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Relax at home with your g/f, b/f, family (and/or pets)

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Play video games or watch movies/t.v.

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Take a nap, or sleep late

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • RELAX?!? I don't have time to rest, I'll sleep when I'm DEAD!!!

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Katya00

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Medical school is stressful, we've all heard it before. But somehow people survive and graduate, and go on to endure more stress as a resident. So rather than asking your favorite color of highlighter or which books I should spend my precious loan money on, I want to know: How do you relax?

Members don't see this ad.

I answered play sports, but that's not really relaxing for me, it's what beats the stress for me. I love ice skating, and it feels great when I'm stressed, as soon as I step into the rink, everything else melts away and nothing else exists except for me and the ice. There has actually been times when I would need to take a day off work because it was just too damn stressful, and I would skate for 4-5 hours during the day, and it felt sooo good. Helps me stay centered. I actually chose which school to apply to based on how many rinks there were nearby and how much ice time they had available, and no, I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Although if I wanted to relax, I would probably go for a nice dinner with a couple good friends and laugh about nothing like we do. But that doesn't help me destress, just helps me remember I'm still human.