Because of the sad posts lately...

Started by .hematoma.
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

.hematoma.

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It makes me sad to see stories, both here and on other forums/news, of medical students in an unfortunate stressful circumstances, so I wanted to share a short "open letter" I came across during the first couple months of MS1 (now an MS2).

I had been going through a lot of stress, lot of questioning of my choice to enter the field and wondering if I deserve to be here. After reading this article, I decided to meet with a counselor, and while I still have many ups and downs I believe that it is all "worth it."

Here's the article: https://onmogul.com/stories/an-open-letter-to-my-friend-in-medical-school. I hope it serves you as well as it did me and those I shared it with.

If you think it's cheesy, that's okay! If it helps one person on here, then I think it's served its purpose.

(NOTE: I did not write this letter, but I sure as heck wish I did)
 
It makes me sad to see stories, both here and on other forums/news, of medical students in an unfortunate stressful circumstances, so I wanted to share a short "open letter" I came across during the first couple months of MS1 (now an MS2).

I had been going through a lot of stress, lot of questioning of my choice to enter the field and wondering if I deserve to be here. After reading this article, I decided to meet with a counselor, and while I still have many ups and downs I believe that it is all "worth it."

Here's the article: https://onmogul.com/stories/an-open-letter-to-my-friend-in-medical-school. I hope it serves you as well as it did me and those I shared it with.

If you think it's cheesy, that's okay! If it helps one person on here, then I think it's served its purpose.

(NOTE: I did not write this letter, but I sure as heck wish I did)
This was beautiful. I really needed to read this today, thank you so much for sharing it.