Becoming a Chiropractor, Need some advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GoGators2008

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a 24 yr old male with a degree in Sport Sciences from UF. I've been outta college for a couple of years but decided that I'm interested in becoming a chiropractor.

They require Physics I and II and also a few Chem classes that I have not taken as a pre-requisite; I was never required to take them for my major at UF.

My question is, can I take those classes at a community college and still get credit for them? Or is there a better alternative or option of either meeting those requirements or bypassing them altogether?

Thanks for your help.
 
Last edited:
My question is, can I take those classes at a community college and still get credit for them? Or is there a better alternative or option of either meeting those requirements or bypassing them altogether?

I think that you'll have to check with the school. Most places accept community college credits, I believe, but some may not. Can you take them at a nearby state school? Tuition isn't bad in FL for in-staters, right? I don't think skipping them is an option. Definitely not for med schools, and I assume chiropractic schools would be as stringent with pre-reqs. If they do let you skip them, you might ask yourself about the quality of the program.