Becoming a Pharmacy Technician

Started by Neodynium
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Neodynium

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, i'm currently in my first year of pre-pharmacy and am looking forward to a position as a pharmacy technician for something to slap on my resume (I also have too much free-time, lol). Could anyone give me advice on becoming one for CVS or Walgreens? I'm not too clear on how to become one. I believe CVS offers a paid internship for their pharmacy technicians which will take a couple months before they certify you, and you could also just take the test and become certified on your own. Could someone clarify the most optimal way in doing so? (F.Y.I, I'm located in NY, so there may be different policies and what not).