Becoming an RDA

Started by cheeseb0i
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cheeseb0i

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I become an registered dental assistant to improve my resume? The cost of doing so would be around $200.
 
I'm a RDA. I'm hoping it helps, but make sure you understand the requirements.

In CA:
If you are in undergraduate school right now, it'll be hard to actually get it done unless you have a dentist thats willing to hire you as a dental assistant for hundreds of hours.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am not an RDA but I am a certified dental assistant. I've been working in my families dental practice for the past 3 years now and just this year I have been obtaining my certificates in Coronal Polishing, Radiation Safety, Infection Control, etc. I am a reapplicant and I have been sending the dental schools my certificates and have been telling them of my plans of becoming an RDA. I think it helped a bit since it allowed me to keep in constant contact with the admissions offices. I received 2 more interviews after updating some schools and I just received an acceptance. I think becoming a dental technician would be better which is what my friend did and he got several more interviews than I and I believe we had the same stats. Being a dental tech will show that you've prepared your hand skills for dental school, but becoming a tech may cost more.
 
Last edited: