Becoming Certified Tech.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jw1724

Pre- Pharm
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently a registered pharmacy technician and I'm looking to become certified.

I picked up the Thomson- Gale Delmar Comprehensive Exam Review for the Pharmacy Technician. Anyone have any experience with this book and the quality?

Any other suggestions on preparing for the exam?

Members don't see this ad.

It's not hard and it doesn't require much studying if you have worked in a pharmacy for a good while.

i actually started in the pharmacy pretty recently.

Members don't see this ad :)
i had lots of pharm experience when i took the exam but it was all retail and there was a lotta stuff i didnt know bec it was about hospital and clinical pharm......but i still passed because i had my math down.....and ive had friends that never worked in a pharm take it and pass it even though they thought they failed and i think its cuz they knew their math really well.......so what im trying to say is......know ur math related stuff very very well and you should be able to pass with whatever knowledge you are gaining through your work experience.

Jw1724 said:
Hi,

I'm currently a registered pharmacy technician and I'm looking to become certified.

I picked up the Thomson- Gale Delmar Comprehensive Exam Review for the Pharmacy Technician. Anyone have any experience with this book and the quality?

Any other suggestions on preparing for the exam?

Just curious, are you working toward National certification or state?

Someone recommended the book written by Noah Reifman to me. I've searched on Amazon, and have seen good reviews on the book. I have the Delmar book also, borrowed from my friend, haven't taken the test yet, so I don't know how good the book is.

SunflowerTea said:
Just curious, are you working toward National certification or state?

national