before and after (for DO students)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

MTY

i like to get some feedbacks from current medical students.

from the time that you applied for med school till you got accepted, do you think getting to med school was easier or harder than you expected prior applying?

Members don't see this ad.

easier,
but apps were down last year so maybe that had something to do with it.

Sometimes it felt like it was never going to happen.

Good question, I'm interested to see other replies.

I think the application process is tough. Getting everything together.....essay, rec letters etc and then filling out those applications.....i always kept putting mine off. Then after you get them in, you are so stressed out about getting interviews. then after your interview you are stressed out about getting an acceptance letter. its even worse when you get put on a wait list (in my case). having to go check the mail everyday and check your answering machine. i would rather they give me a yes or no answer. But after you get that letter, you are technically a doctor. i have enjoyed my letter for a year now. i know someone who wont apply this year because they cant come up with an essay.

Originally posted by MTY:
i like to get some feedbacks from current medical students.

from the time that you applied for med school till you got accepted, do you think getting to med school was easier or harder than you expected prior applying?
yeah getting in was NOT a piece of cake. see, i think that was the hardest thing, because you really do not have full control over the situation. most important is what you do once you get there. once you are doctor to be, it is all you!! if you mess up, well it is on your shoulder now. you are in the driver's seat!!