1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Before and After MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Freakingzooming, Apr 18, 2004.

1. Freakingzooming

Freakingzooming Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Before MCAT:

I was pumped. Thinking my physics was solid. I went in thinking I just needed some luck and a little gelling and I would be solid on verbal too. And bio I was hoping big things. I actually was delirously dreaming of what it would be like to score higher than a 30.

After MCAT:

I was numb. Dead numb. The verbal was tricky (It went from bad to worse to bend over) and the physics was awful too. I had this huge headache and just wanted to stop the bleeding. It was awful. I was thinking the whole time I should void. I should void. But I didn't.

I had form EM. What was your Before and After experience?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. kiahs

kiahs Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

before:
    Hopeful, positive and maybe a little excited and scared.

After:
    Scared to death. Down and numb. Actually after I did the survey I couldn't even believe it was over. I was kinda shocked. It went way faster then my diags. Now feeling we'll just have to wait and see.

4. LanceP97

LanceP97 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Before:
    Praying that my one practice test and cramming the night before would pay off. But seriously, I just took this test ofr practice with a slight glimmer of hope in the back of my head that that day would be my lucky day and i'd miraculously do well.

After:
    Felt that I wasted a Saturday and $190. Not to mention, headache from hell.

5. DrSal

DrSal Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Before: Scared, pessimistic...apathetic...then became hopeful as i neared the big day.

After: Happy, cheerful, back to my old self...and could care less...b/c the results are 60 days away..... ;)

But i've already declared that i shall not re-take in august if i need to re-take. studying that hard twice in the same year might not be good for my poor little head :p

6. frank51

frank51 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Before:
    excited, ready to go, just hoping for a little luck.

I got to the PS section and couldn't believe what I was seeing, the PS section from last April looked like a joke compared to this one, I kept saying to myself, this isn't happening to me, VR continued the trend, the only section that I felt just a bit confident about was BS, but who knows, probably bombed that one too with all the genetics and crab questions.

7. LUBDUBB

LUBDUBB Freakaholic
    10+ Year Member

Dude, my sentiments exactly. I took 6R on wednesday and I was pumped, excited and a little scared. After I took it on sat, I thought I accidently sat in for the USMLE.

8. Nuel

10+ Year Member

Well, going in I was darn sure I could pull at least a 32--arrogant and confident.

taking PS: WTF? All these calculations and physics.
    taking VR: you should probably void
    taking BS: looked reasonable but devilish as well, so I didn't void.

Coming out: praying for a 30 as my intelligence was subjected to the platform of ignominy.

Expecting: PS: 8 VR 8, BS 10 (or worse); and probably going to re-take in August.