Before and After MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Freakingzooming

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Before MCAT:

I was pumped. Thinking my physics was solid. I went in thinking I just needed some luck and a little gelling and I would be solid on verbal too. And bio I was hoping big things. I actually was delirously dreaming of what it would be like to score higher than a 30.

After MCAT:

I was numb. Dead numb. The verbal was tricky (It went from bad to worse to bend over) and the physics was awful too. I had this huge headache and just wanted to stop the bleeding. It was awful. I was thinking the whole time I should void. I should void. But I didn't.

I had form EM. What was your Before and After experience?

Members don't see this ad.

before:
Hopeful, positive and maybe a little excited and scared.

After:
Scared to death. Down and numb. Actually after I did the survey I couldn't even believe it was over. I was kinda shocked. It went way faster then my diags. Now feeling we'll just have to wait and see.

Before:
Praying that my one practice test and cramming the night before would pay off. But seriously, I just took this test ofr practice with a slight glimmer of hope in the back of my head that that day would be my lucky day and i'd miraculously do well.

After:
Felt that I wasted a Saturday and $190. Not to mention, headache from hell.

Before: Scared, pessimistic...apathetic...then became hopeful as i neared the big day.

After: Happy, cheerful, back to my old self...and could care less...b/c the results are 60 days away..... ;)

But i've already declared that i shall not re-take in august if i need to re-take. studying that hard twice in the same year might not be good for my poor little head :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Before:
excited, ready to go, just hoping for a little luck.

I got to the PS section and couldn't believe what I was seeing, the PS section from last April looked like a joke compared to this one, I kept saying to myself, this isn't happening to me, VR continued the trend, the only section that I felt just a bit confident about was BS, but who knows, probably bombed that one too with all the genetics and crab questions.

kiahs said:
before:
Hopeful, positive and maybe a little excited and scared.

After:
Scared to death. Down and numb. Actually after I did the survey I couldn't even believe it was over. I was kinda shocked. It went way faster then my diags. Now feeling we'll just have to wait and see.

Dude, my sentiments exactly. I took 6R on wednesday and I was pumped, excited and a little scared. After I took it on sat, I thought I accidently sat in for the USMLE.

Well, going in I was darn sure I could pull at least a 32--arrogant and confident.

taking PS: WTF? All these calculations and physics.
taking VR: you should probably void
taking BS: looked reasonable but devilish as well, so I didn't void.

Coming out: praying for a 30 as my intelligence was subjected to the platform of ignominy.

Expecting: PS: 8 VR 8, BS 10 (or worse); and probably going to re-take in August.