Before I Submit My Application...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

holyravioli

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've gotten really amazing advice here about schools/my mcat score, but I have two final questions before I finally submit my application. I'm hoping someone can help me with either.

1) Found out I needed a non-science letter for some schools. Well, I had a non-sci professor that wrote me a letter 4 years ago when I graduated college. Just got in touch with him again and he said he'd send it, but should I tell him to tweak it at all? Or can he just change the date and submit as is?

2) Anticipating ~ 26/27 on new mcat with ~3.3 gpa for cumulative and science. In my opinion, solid healthcare experience. I'm a NJ resident and planning to apply widely just in case. Here's what I've narrowed down:

AT Still- Kirksville
AT Still-AZ
ACOM
BCOM
CCOM
DMUCOM
Edward Via-Auburn
Edward Via-VA
Edward Via- Carolinas
KCUMB
LECOM
LUCOM
MUCOM
NSUCOM
PCOM
RVUCOM
ROWAN
TOURO NY
TOURO NV
UNECOM
PIKEVILLE-KY
WVSOM
NYITCOM
LMUCOM
AZCOM

Are any of these a waste of money I should be using to apply somewhere else? Any help is much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Delete AZCOM, and the following if you score a 26: CCOM, the coastal Touros, KCUMB and Western. I can't recommend LUCOM.

AT Still- Kirksville
AT Still-AZ
ACOM
BCOM
CCOM
DMUCOM
Edward Via-Auburn
Edward Via-VA
Edward Via- Carolinas
KCUMB
LECOM
LUCOM
MUCOM
NSUCOM
PCOM
RVUCOM
ROWAN
TOURO NY
TOURO NV
UNECOM
PIKEVILLE-KY
WVSOM
NYITCOM
LMUCOM
AZCOM

Are any of these a waste of money I should be using to apply somewhere else? Any help is much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 1 user
He should at least change the date of the LOR, I know some schools will not accept older letters. Send him your resumé, maybe he will want to add more to it

Members don't see this ad :)
Delete AZCOM, and the following if you score a 26: CCOM, the coastal Touros, KCUMB and Western. I can't recommend LUCOM.

AT Still- Kirksville
AT Still-AZ
ACOM
BCOM
CCOM
DMUCOM
Edward Via-Auburn
Edward Via-VA
Edward Via- Carolinas
KCUMB
LECOM
LUCOM
MUCOM
NSUCOM
PCOM
RVUCOM
ROWAN
TOURO NY
TOURO NV
UNECOM
PIKEVILLE-KY
WVSOM
NYITCOM
LMUCOM
AZCOM

Are any of these a waste of money I should be using to apply somewhere else? Any help is much appreciated.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you kindly, I'll tweak the list.

He should at least change the date of the LOR, I know some schools will not accept older letters. Send him your resumé, maybe he will want to add more to it

Thanks for the tip! I passed along what you said. He's pretty cool so I think it'll work out fine.

If you do get a ~3.3/~3.3/27 on the new MCAT definitely apply ROWAN. I know someone with a ~26 with lower GPAs as a ORM (also a NJ resident) who got an interview at ROWAN around December-ish.

Based on the rest, I agree on what Goro says.

If you do get a ~3.3/~3.3/27 on the new MCAT definitely apply ROWAN. I know someone with a ~26 with lower GPAs as a ORM (also a NJ resident) who got an interview at ROWAN around December-ish.

Based on the rest, I agree on what Goro says.

Thank you! Definitely putting it on my list....