Before I throw away $200+...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jgold72288

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to get ETS to send all of my scores to schools individually, right? There's no way to get them to just send one report to PTCAS and have them forward those scores to my schools, same as they do with transcripts? Just seems like sending scores shouldn't be $25 a school, especially with email...

Members don't see this ad.

Nope, unfortunately you have to send your GRE scores to each school individually through ETS. They love making this process as expensive as possible.

Well, at least you get 4 schools for free (or at least that's how many I could choose when I took it) when you send them directly at the end of taking the GRE.

It's another good reason not to over-apply to so many programs- choose the ones that you feel will suit you best and you have a good shot at :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I posted this under another thread tonight..............
My recent experience: I got thinking,
Why pay the extra $$23 to ETS for GRE for PTCAS program codes marked "new" if according to the 2011-12 cycle Program Manual p. 25 "
"""If an applicant designates a PTCAS program with a new GRE code, then ETS will send the official scores to PTCAS. PTCAS will share those official GRE scores with ALL of the applicant's designated programs in PTCAS, regardless of the GRE college code(s). """
So..........I started calling / emailing my schools and many of them are saying they will accept the verified PTCAS GRE scores........... YEAH!!!!! money saved.
Hope this helps..........check your schools.

I posted this under another thread tonight..............
My recent experience: I got thinking,
Why pay the extra $$23 to ETS for GRE for PTCAS program codes marked "new" if according to the 2011-12 cycle Program Manual p. 25 "
"""If an applicant designates a PTCAS program with a new GRE code, then ETS will send the official scores to PTCAS. PTCAS will share those official GRE scores with ALL of the applicant’s designated programs in PTCAS, regardless of the GRE college code(s). """
So..........I started calling / emailing my schools and many of them are saying they will accept the verified PTCAS GRE scores........... YEAH!!!!! money saved.
Hope this helps..........check your schools.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. Dang. That would have been great to know two nights ago haha. Thanks a lot though, that's good to know in case I want to apply to any new schools.

Sorry, I have just been getting the phone calls out on this to my additional schools. On the day I took the GRE I was able to designate 4 schools at no cost.