Before you apply...

Started by LabBrat04
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LabBrat04

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you have to finish all the pre-pharm requirements before you apply to pharm school? I haven't taken microbiology or public speaking... I was wondering if I need to finish before I can apply... 😕
 
No, you can still apply if you're in the process of completing some pre-reqs. However, if you're accepted you will be "conditionally accepted" as long as you complete the course with like a C or C+ depending on the school. (I think someone on here has to finish O-chem II with at least a B! Now that's intimidating.)
 
When I applied I hadn't finished I think 6 pre-reqs, but I still got accepted contingent upon getting at least Cs in all the classes, so it can be done! 🙂
 
AmandaRxs said:
No, you can still apply if you're in the process of completing some pre-reqs. However, if you're accepted you will be "conditionally accepted" as long as you complete the course with like a C or C+ depending on the school. (I think someone on here has to finish O-chem II with at least a B! Now that's intimidating.)


Yeah my conditional acceptance includes getting B's or higher...still finishing up ochemI-II, microbio, and stats. I am so mad about this "B or higher" thing! I had thought most schools only had the "C or higher" requirement, so I still wasn't too worried about my B- in ochem becoming a C+ or whatever (though I still desperately want that B). I didn't find out about this condition until after the interview- wish they would've stated such a stringent requirement on the application. How unfair is this?! 😡