Before you apply...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LabBrat04

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you have to finish all the pre-pharm requirements before you apply to pharm school? I haven't taken microbiology or public speaking... I was wondering if I need to finish before I can apply... :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

No, you can still apply if you're in the process of completing some pre-reqs. However, if you're accepted you will be "conditionally accepted" as long as you complete the course with like a C or C+ depending on the school. (I think someone on here has to finish O-chem II with at least a B! Now that's intimidating.)

When I applied I hadn't finished I think 6 pre-reqs, but I still got accepted contingent upon getting at least Cs in all the classes, so it can be done! :)

AmandaRxs said:
No, you can still apply if you're in the process of completing some pre-reqs. However, if you're accepted you will be "conditionally accepted" as long as you complete the course with like a C or C+ depending on the school. (I think someone on here has to finish O-chem II with at least a B! Now that's intimidating.)

Yeah my conditional acceptance includes getting B's or higher...still finishing up ochemI-II, microbio, and stats. I am so mad about this "B or higher" thing! I had thought most schools only had the "C or higher" requirement, so I still wasn't too worried about my B- in ochem becoming a C+ or whatever (though I still desperately want that B). I didn't find out about this condition until after the interview- wish they would've stated such a stringent requirement on the application. How unfair is this?! :mad: