Beginner's Guide to the Application Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroRehabilitation

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

This is going to be my first application cycle and i'm looking to you guys and gals who've already been through the process. I am wondering if someone has a "how to guide" with tips for how to prepare for the upcoming cycle. Are there things to do or things that can be set in motion prior to July 1st? I've already asked/have letters of recommendation and saw that the PTCAS essay is out, but should I be requesting transcripts or getting signatures for volunteer hours, etc.? I'd be very appreciate for anyone who can offer some sound advice to a beginner.

Thanks

Best of luck with apps!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also applying this cycle, but I can answer some of your questions. I look on the PTCAS facebook page for general advice, so ask there if you have any specific questions.

You can't get signatures before you make a PTCAS account, since they email the PT's for signatures, I think. You can get signatures for any programs that don't use PTCAS and need signatures though. Don't sent transcripts before the application opens. Someone recently asked on their facebook, and they have to resend their transcripts because they sent them too early.