Dec 18, 2017
Hello,

I'm really just wondering where to start. I plan on taking the DAT in the spring of 2020. Now I know that a whole year away, but I didn't get into my undergraduate research program for this summer so I thought I might as well stay active and begin studying. I was wondering if the 2019-2020 kaplan book with 2 practice exams would be adequate to get me started. Or if I should start somewhere else to establish a baseline?

Thanks!

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Hello,

I'm really just wondering where to start. I plan on taking the DAT in the spring of 2020. Now I know that a whole year away, but I didn't get into my undergraduate research program for this summer so I thought I might as well stay active and begin studying. I was wondering if the 2019-2020 kaplan book with 2 practice exams would be adequate to get me started. Or if I should start somewhere else to establish a baseline?

Thanks!
Have you completed all the required classes? Orgo, GenChem, etc?

Dec 18, 2017
Nope! I’m actually going to take organic in the fall and spring semester leading up to the DAT. Obviously if I study now I won’t remember the material, but I’m just looking for a good starting point to begin passively studying the topics that I have learned. I also would like to get a head start on PAT problems as I’ve never encountered problems like that!

Nov 16, 2018
Nope! I’m actually going to take organic in the fall and spring semester leading up to the DAT. Obviously if I study now I won’t remember the material, but I’m just looking for a good starting point to begin passively studying the topics that I have learned. I also would like to get a head start on PAT problems as I’ve never encountered problems like that!
If you want a head start on the PAT, I would definitely get PATBooster. It's super helpful and has the best PAT generators compared to any of the other companies. I've been using it for a few months now and my baseline scores have gone up quite a lot.

Reactions: RonRiff

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
IMO, your main focus should be on your GPA, keeping that as high as possible. Organic Chemistry is a tough course for most students and it is often the class that lowers GPA's. Your goal for Orgo 1 and 2 should be an "A". If you want to start preparing now you can brush up on your math , reading skills and PAT. For reading you can just start reading daily, at least 30 minutes a day, doesn't really matter what you read as long as you are reading. This will increase your speed and comprehension. Most students have not taken a math class since high school, so you can start reviewing now. You will also need a personal statement, you can start working on that at any time. Make sure you have shadowing and volunteering to add to your application. Working on the things now, that you know you will need in the future will make it less stressful later.

Hope this helps.

Nancy

Last edited: