Behavior based, structured Interview for Dental school

snoopy99

UBC grad
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2005
    Hi everyone. Recently I have had an interview for dental school in Canada and it was a structured (7 questions) behavior based interview. My questions is if anyone has experience with these interviews, I would like to start a discussion going, as most Canadian schools are yet to interview (only UBC has done interviews yet, and maybe Mcgill)

The panel of 3 people (dentists, students, profs) had a booklet of pages (1 page per question), and flipped through each page after each question. It seemed like sometimes they were checking the page, at other times they were scanning the pages looking for certain material after i stated how I would handle a situation.

If anyone can give input on how to answer these questions, I would highly appreciate it. I answered the questions using my own experience, using past stories and events where needed. I have been told that this interview is meant to understand you as an individual and your qualities. However, if they are looking for 5 specific points (why the full page checklist then??) and I answered a question quite well, but only supplied 2 "check marks" than it is a failed interview.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Thanks

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.