Behavioral Science Coursework

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

adriano710

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I am planning on applying next cycle and have come across some schools that require Behavioral Science credits. For example, I believe MUCOM requires 3 credits of Psychology and 3 credits of Sociology. Instead of taking Clinical Immunology this upcoming semester, should I take maybe a Psychology 101 course so that I will be able to apply to these schools? How important is it that I take one of these courses?

I know most schools do not require behavioral science but is it beneficial?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

So I am planning on applying next cycle and have come across some schools that require Behavioral Science credits. For example, I believe MUCOM requires 3 credits of Psychology and 3 credits of Sociology. Instead of taking Clinical Immunology this upcoming semester, should I take maybe a Psychology 101 course so that I will be able to apply to these schools? How important is it that I take one of these courses?

I know most schools do not require behavioral science but is it beneficial?

Thanks!

I think it's very beneficial to take these classes if they require them only if you are truly set on applying to those schools :)

Reactions: 1 users
MUCOM is the only school I've come across that requires sociology, unless this is a top choice of yours, I wouldn't both with sociology and take a course that interests you more (like immunology). I haven't paid much attention to psych requirements since I took many psych courses, but I think more school look for that so psych 101 I think would be much more useful than sociology!