Test Tools Behavioral Science Resources

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LWW Publishers

Test Prep Exhibitor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for questions and discussion related to resources for behavioral science. In this thread, LWW will be raffling off one copy of Behavioral Science in Medicine. Winners will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product(s) or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

Behavioral Science in Medicine

BRS Behavioral Science, 5e

High-Yield Behavioral Science, 3e

High-Yield Brain and Behavior

Members don't see this ad.

Hi LWW,
Is Behavioral Science in Medicine more geared toward USMLE test prep, or is it more of a core text for the subject?

Are there review practice questions similar to the board questions in the book? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi LWW,
Is Behavioral Science in Medicine more geared toward USMLE test prep, or is it more of a core text for the subject?

Hi schmartdoc,

Behavioral Science in Medicine is intended as a primary textbook for the behavioral science/psychiatry course in the first two years of medical school. Each chapter includes representative clinical case scenarios illustrating important facets of the material in that chapter.

The BRS and High-Yield titles are more geared toward USMLE-review. BRS offers a more comprehensive review and includes over 500 USMLE-style Q&A. High-Yield is a concise review for last minute studying/quick refresher.

Thanks!
LWW

how many pages is this book? i get fed up reading and just want the high yield concepts for step 1, do u have a book like that for us a.d.d.'ers

I need a comprehensive textbook for class, and it seems Barbara Fadem's BRS and High Yield books are both up-to-date 2008 editions.

What worries me, however, is that Behavioral Science in Medicine was published in 2003. Are there any plans for updated editions of this book?

Status
Not open for further replies.