HTFU
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2007
The ATL
www.myspace.com
Status
Medical Student
Is there a good way to learn this bull****? I'm talking specifically about the stats stuff. Any good sources of practice questions?

The funny thing is... I've done a pretty good amount of clinical research, and this is pretty recent. In fact, I'm still involved in the project, albeit, on a much more limited basis, for obvious reasons. I can read a paper and understand the general idea of what the statistics mean, but I guess my grasp is not that strong after all, because these questions bend me over and defile me on usmle world.

Is high yield the answer? I have heard good things, but there's something about missing questions that can hammer a point home in a way that just reading about it cannot.

Then again, I miss tons of these questions, and don't seem to be getting much better.

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Classyville
Status
Resident [Any Field]
UWorld has like ~40 of them on Biostats alone.

illixir

One
10+ Year Member
Aug 20, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Just nail it in from first aid memorize what you do when, the high yield stuff is the most important for biostats, then do a bunch of questions to make sure you know what formulas to use when and how to do them.

psychforme

Mighty horse shoe
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2008
Status
Bull****? Biostats is the only thing requiring intellect on step 1.

badasshairday

Vascular and Interventional Radiology
10+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2007
Status
Resident [Any Field]
If you guys could only choose one, which book would you pick?

-HY Behavioral Sci
OR
-Hy Bio Stats

McGillGrad

Building Mind and Body
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 21, 2002
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
BRS was decent, along with the Kaplan videos.

Behavioural is big on the step these days.

vicinihil

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Aug 12, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Does HY Behavioral have ethics qusetions in there? I miss all the ethics questions......

k87

7+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2009
Status
The kaplan guy does a really good job with behav in general, esp with biostats and ethics.