Behavioral Science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaleerkalut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get an updated feel from those out there that recently took Step 1/are preparing now as to what you think is a good resource for Behavioral Science for the boards?

HY is a little less than half the size of BRS so I'm not sure if it is good or not (especially since it is the same author)? Also, I bought the Kaplan Lecture Notes + Videos, so I was wondering how that stacks up against HY and BRS Behavioral Science?

Lastly, if I go with HY, do I have to supplement this with HY Biostats (I think that is already included in the BRS Behavioral Science, right)?

Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to get an updated feel from those out there that recently took Step 1/are preparing now as to what you think is a good resource for Behavioral Science for the boards?

HY is a little less than half the size of BRS so I'm not sure if it is good or not (especially since it is the same author)? Also, I bought the Kaplan Lecture Notes + Videos, so I was wondering how that stacks up against HY and BRS Behavioral Science?

Lastly, if I go with HY, do I have to supplement this with HY Biostats (I think that is already included in the BRS Behavioral Science, right)?

Thanks in advance :)

In my opinion, the Kaplan videos (in particular) as well as the notes rank among the best in the Kaplan series. Couple them with FA and you'll be good to go.

The Kaplan behavioral science videos are amazing! If you like questions, I would complement them with the BRS questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
To add my 2-cents about behavioral science...

These questions are largely BS. My general rules regarding these questions:

1. Thou shalt not order a consult

2. Thou shalt choose the answer that pisses off the least amount of people

3. Thou shalt choose the most PATIENT centered answer

Usually if you follow these rules you will get the correct answer. Of course, there are the ones that throw in one word that supposedly changes everything...

In my opinion, the Kaplan videos (in particular) as well as the notes rank among the best in the Kaplan series. Couple them with FA and you'll be good to go.

I know people say FA is definitely not enough for BS (meaning that it doesn't cover nearly enough info). Would supplementing with Kaplan cover all your bases in BS? Or would BRS be better for that?

I know people say FA is definitely not enough for BS (meaning that it doesn't cover nearly enough info). Would supplementing with Kaplan cover all your bases in BS? Or would BRS be better for that?

Have you looked at the length of the Kaplan videos for BS? If anything that should be overkill and then some (plus some more)