Behavioral Sciences Unit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

seabreeze811

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 6 units of Behavioral Science that is required for certain schools need to be graded units? can some of it be pass/not pass units? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the 6 units of Behavioral Science that is required for certain schools need to be graded units? can some of it be pass/not pass units? thanks!

I don't know, but I would assume that they would have to be graded. Most schools have a minimum grade required for the prereqs to count. Good luck!:luck:

any idea if women studies qualifies as a behavioral science?

Members don't see this ad :)
I highly doubt women's studies, unless its about the neuro-physiology of the female brain...J/K. Beh sci is human/animal behavioral/psych classes for the most part. Like "Learning & Beh." or "Biological Psych." etc.

Beh. Sci was my UG major, so at least i don't have ALL the prereqs to take (just every other one, LOL).

KATiE

Sociology classes, like women studies, are considered behavioral sciences according to AACOMAS.

Social/Behavioral Science

Anthropology
Community Health
Criminal Justice
Educational Psychology
Ethnic Studies
Human Sexuality
Marriage/Family
Personal Health
Physiological Ethics
Psychology
Social Science
Social Work/Sociology

Sociology classes, like women studies, are considered behavioral sciences according to AACOMAS.

Social/Behavioral Science

Anthropology
Community Health
Criminal Justice
Educational Psychology
Ethnic Studies
Human Sexuality
Marriage/Family
Personal Health
Physiological Ethics
Psychology
Social Science
Social Work/Sociology
I don't see women's studies in this list. FYI: Women's studies, men's studies, African American studies, Martian studies, Vulcan studies, whatever "studies" you want to include, are usually HISTORY classes which fall right into the category of humanities, not behavioral science.

I don't see women's studies in this list. FYI: Women's studies, men's studies, African American studies, Martian studies, Vulcan studies, whatever "studies" you want to include, are usually HISTORY classes which fall right into the category of humanities, not behavioral science.

Wouldn't African American Studies fall under ethic studies? I know at my schools it falls under social science