You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Being a preceptor for Illinois pharmacy schools?
Started by FuturePharm21
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
.
Last edited:
Do preceptors gets paid? Otherwise, what's the point of being a preceptor since taking time out to teach/train requires time, work, and patience and what are the benefits. Do preceptors get a stipend or the pharmacy collects the payment from the school?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I always thought the students should get a stipend for all the free labor we provide.
Most of the schools pay but it goes into the pharmacy budget, not to the preceptor.Do preceptors gets paid? Otherwise, what's the point of being a preceptor since taking time out to teach/train requires time, work, and patience and what are the benefits. Do preceptors get a stipend or the pharmacy collects the payment from the school?
Why would any of us want to be a preceptor?
1. It's an expectation to work here. You can refuse but good luck to you if you ever want to move to a different position.
2. It is one of the boxes you have to check to get money from the pharmacy education bank.
it varies on the school
Drake - Iowa school used to pay $1000 a month to a preceptor, a local big university where I work at now pays $450
Drake - Iowa school used to pay $1000 a month to a preceptor, a local big university where I work at now pays $450
double post
Midwestern goves $600 per APPE
Just to clarify, $600 to the pharmacist correct and not employer? I received some paperwork from Midwestern, but it didn't mention anything about that!
Just to clarify, $600 to the pharmacist correct and not employer? I received some paperwork from Midwestern, but it didn't mention anything about that!
The money goes to the employer, not the individual pharmacist.
depends on the employer. A retail chain I worked for gave me the check - well actually I got the check directly to me. The hospital I work at the money goes into a fund to pay for CE, trips, etcJust to clarify, $600 to the pharmacist correct and not employer? I received some paperwork from Midwestern, but it didn't mention anything about that!
If I don't see a dime I won't waste my time.
So I'm still confused...if you work for Walmart Pharmacy...and you take a student and sign up to be a preceptor, will Walmart collect the check or will the pharmacist get the check? Do all schools pay they the preceptor for hosting the student for the month?
If I don't see a dime I won't waste my time.
Sometimes you don't have a choice. As a clinical specialist, I am required to take so many students per year. The department gets the money, but allows me to go to a meeting every year and pays some membership dues to professional organizations...so I kind of get the money back as not all pharmacists get those perks.
Honestly, the amount of time you spend with a student is not really worth the money you get.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 3K