Being neurotic....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Itsarainbow

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My application at multiple schools has been complete for over a while now (Touro-Cali, Nov 17/Touro-Nev, Dec 9/ Nova, Nov 28th/ Lecom-erie and Lecom-Seton Hill, Nov 15/Lecom brandenton, Nov 18) and I have not heard anything back. I'm getting really nervous that maybe I've been denied especially at my top choice of Touro-cali. What should I do at this point? Shold I call the individal schools for a update?

I have a 3.43 gpa and a 513 MCAT

Also I have 2 secondaries left to complete, Western and Atsu soma, would it even be worth it to turn them in at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys,

My application at multiple schools has been complete for over a while now (Touro-Cali, Nov 17/Touro-Nev, Dec 9/ Nova, Nov 28th/ Lecom-erie and Lecom-Seton Hill, Nov 15/Lecom brandenton, Nov 18) and I have not heard anything back. I'm getting really nervous that maybe I've been denied especially at my top choice of Touro-cali. What should I do at this point? Shold I call the individal schools for a update?

Also I have 2 secondaries left to complete, Western and Atsu soma, would it even be worth it to turn them in at this point?

Did you apply late? Is there any red flags to your application? Anything in particular in the application that may be missing?

Reactions: 1 user
Did you apply late? Is there any red flags to your application? Anything in particular in the application that may be missing?

I don't think I applied that late for DO school. My secondaries were complete on the dates that I mentioned. I recieved emails from both the Touros saying that my application was complete and apparently my app is still under review at at Lecom. As far as I know there's nothing missing or red flags. I did however did call PCOM today and they said that two of my letters of recommendation don't count (one that was from an MD and the other my research professor wrote)

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I applied that late for DO school. My secondaries were complete on the dates that I mentioned. I recieved emails from both the Touros saying that my application was complete and apparently my app is still under review at at Lecom. As far as I know there's nothing missing or red flags. I did however did call PCOM today and they said that two of my letters of recommendation don't count (one that was from an MD and the other my research professor wrote)

LECOM takes a while to respond is what I've seen. You were complete pretty recently and you have to remember that these schools are probably still reviewing applications that were complete in Sept. and Oct. so you will have to probably wait till January to receive a response.

Hang in there!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for the response! My nerves are just getting to me and I just wish I knew that I had gotten in somewhere

Be patient, and don't be a special snowflake who needs instant gratification. My own school can sometime interview as late as April. It usually takes ~six weeks to send out a secondary.

Hi guys,

@Goro

The dates I mentioned are when I sent out the secondaries and now I'm just waiting for interviews. I'm not special but I am a person that worries a lot. I posted to see what the turnaround time was between sending secondaries and interview time because not hearing any updates from schools is causing me anxiety

I don't think I applied that late for DO school. My secondaries were complete on the dates that I mentioned. I recieved emails from both the Touros saying that
application was complete and apparently my app is still under review at at Lecom. As far as I know there's nothing missing or red flags. I did however did call PCOM today and they said that two of my letters of recommendation don't count (one that was from an MD and the other my research professor wrote)

You applied late. No, not TOO late, but late. That means that there are a lot of other people in line ahead of you. It is going to take a minute to get to you.

Considering it's Xmas break now, you'll probably be hearing from the schools in early January.
@Goro

The dates I mentioned are when I sent out the secondaries and now I'm just waiting for interviews. I'm not special but I am a person that worries a lot. I posted to see what the turnaround time was between sending secondaries and interview time because not hearing any updates from schools is causing me anxiety