being put on "Hold" @ SCO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jc812

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was put on Hold @ SCO. They are waiting on my OAT retake and shadowing hours.

Does anyone know what this means? Everything went well in the interview and the only thing that matters now is basically my retake OAT score? Or does this mean that my retake OAT score still only plays a fraction of the decision and they may decide to place me on waitlist after a decent retake?

Basically, I'm asking whether everything is riding on my OAT score?

Members don't see this ad.

It seems like SCO is waiting for your official re-take OAT scores before they make their final decision, since you've already interviewed. Just wait and see.

I was put on Hold @ SCO. They are waiting on my OAT retake and shadowing hours.

Does anyone know what this means? Everything went well in the interview and the only thing that matters now is basically my retake OAT score? Or does this mean that my retake OAT score still only plays a fraction of the decision and they may decide to place me on waitlist after a decent retake?

Basically, I'm asking whether everything is riding on my OAT score?

they're waiting on your shadowing hours, what does that mean?

Members don't see this ad :)
They told me that they would reevaluate after I had gotten at least 20 shadowing hours (I need to get ODs to write them an email or letter for proof) and a my retake score.

I was put on hold at SCO too. I emailed Sunnie and asked what that meant, and she said that it just meant they would do a complete review of my file in January. She also mentioned a couple of times in the email that it is a good idea to apply to more than one school, maybe inferring that I might not get in when they do the review. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but I hope it helps!

Anyone else put on "hold" at SCO? Do they tell everyone to do at least 20 more hours of shadowing? Does anyone know exactly what this means? Do 20 more hours and you have a good chance of getting in or do they just tell everyone to do 20 more hours?

Anyone in the past or currently in this position too?

I just talked to mike and I'm thinking I might be in this boat too. It seems like SCO really just wants exposure to a couple ODs. On that note: Any OD's in the Chicagoland area want to let me shadow for 20-30 hours?

I just talked to mike and I'm thinking I might be in this boat too. It seems like SCO really just wants exposure to a couple ODs. On that note: Any OD's in the Chicagoland area want to let me shadow for 20-30 hours?

I finished my 20 hours and got the OD to email them documenting it. Mike just called me this morning and said I was accepted! Hopefully it'll be the same for you!:)