Being transparent about acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fantasticflossophy

Reaction score
I got accepted by a few schools and put in my deposit for acceptance for one of those schools. Had an interview yesterday for an in-state school that I would choose over these other ones. Was I supposed to tell my interviewers that I had offers from other schools / can they see that I made a deposit for another school? Should I be transparent and mention this in my thank you email?

Members don't see this ad.

If you can pick up an offer at a cheaper school, pursue it. If they ask, sure, tell them you have an acceptance locked down elsewhere, but you would absolutely attend the state school if they offered you a spot.

If they didn’t ask, don’t mention it.

I trained my interviewers to presume every candidate they interview would get into any dental school they applied to. I also told them to refrain from asking for names of other schools.

I agree, don't volunteer the information. You don't tell anyone you are dating about every other person you're going out with. At least you shouldn't.

Reactions: 1 user
I trained my interviewers to presume every candidate they interview would get into any dental school they applied to. I also told them to refrain from asking for names of other schools.

I agree, don't volunteer the information. You don't tell anyone you are dating about every other person you're going out with. At least you shouldn't.
Okay, thank you very much! I appreciate it!