You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Bellarmine University Interview
Started by amlope03
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
How did the interview go? What was it like?I have been invited to an interview at Bellarmine University and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or thoughts on their interview??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you receive a confirmation email from Bellarmine that they received your application ever?
Thanks! That's a relief because I haven't heard from them at all!
September 25th! But I took the GRE on the 29th so my score didn't arrive until after the soft deadline so I'm not sure which deadline I'll be considered as.
I was in the first round of interviews for Bellarmine last year (although I ended up attend another program), but I remember it being very laidback. It was a group interview with 2 professors to about 6(?) students. They asked pretty basic questions and just wanted to get to know us better as people. I remember interviewing on Friday and then getting an acceptance email the next Monday!
Let us know how it goes!!!
I interviewed with Bellarmine University last year. From memory, the writing portion asked questions regarding your experience with healthcare, PT, observation experiences, things of that nature. I LOVED the campus and the PT facilities. They have an on-campus PT clinic which was really cool! Unfortunately I was wait listed, but I am now a first year student in another program so it's all good 🙂 I did hear that Bellarmine goes through a large portion of their wait list, so that is potentially good news for a lot of applicants!
Hope this helps!
Hope this helps!
Did you interview during the first round?
I'm not sure when first round was, but I interviewed in early February!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What questions did they ask? How was the group interview setting? Was it intimidating? Did you feel like you were competing with the other applicants? How were the staff that interviewed you?
They asked pretty basic questions (not sure if I am allowed to mention specifics), but do some self-reflection and be prepared to think on your toes. That may sound confusing, but I promise the questions are not awful. The group interview setting was...different, unless you are comfortable with talking in front a lot of people, but I did like how I was able to have time to think about the question before I answered. I did think it was a bit intimidating, but that depends on the people in your group. I was not personally trying to compete with other applicants, however, some of the people in my group definitely were. The staff that I interviewed with were very nice and tried to make everyone feel as comfortable as possible...they even seemed a bit nervous themselves at times haha.
Thanks for your help!! I hope you hear from them soon!They asked pretty basic questions (not sure if I am allowed to mention specifics), but do some self-reflection and be prepared to think on your toes. That may sound confusing, but I promise the questions are not awful. The group interview setting was...different, unless you are comfortable with talking in front a lot of people, but I did like how I was able to have time to think about the question before I answered. I did think it was a bit intimidating, but that depends on the people in your group. I was not personally trying to compete with other applicants, however, some of the people in my group definitely were. The staff that I interviewed with were very nice and tried to make everyone feel as comfortable as possible...they even seemed a bit nervous themselves at times haha.
How did you prepare for the interview? Is there anything you wish you would have prepared more for?
I prepared by looking up common physical therapy school interview questions and answering them. I also did some extensive research on the school (not that much since I already knew a lot about Bellarmine). No, there isn’t much I wish I would have prepared more for, honestly. Maybe I wish I had known there would be a writing (mini essay) portion.
I just received an invitation to interiview on Feb 9th, 2018. I may decline this offer since I have an acceptance close to home.
I got an email also today. It's February 9th the same day as the WKU interview which I got invited to also. I need to go to both. It will be a stressful day!
Do you guys know the names of the staff members that conducted the interview?