Below 125 cutoffs for DO school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngandambitious1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering which DO schools have a strict minimum of 125 for their subsections in the MCAT. I just received my score and got a 509(124/126/127/132). I do not know if I should retake it or not. I am only applying to DO schools and my GPA is 3.43/3.33. Thanks everyone.

@Goro your advice would be highly appreciated as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I know that BCOM, ACOM, KCU and MSUCOM do not have a strict cutoff because I had II there and had 124 in two sections. Your overall score is strong, and the 124 is only in one section. I think you will be just fine. Props on that 132 in psych!

Reactions: 1 users
I was wondering which DO schools have a strict minimum of 125 for their subsections in the MCAT. I just received my score and got a 509(124/126/127/132). I do not know if I should retake it or not. I am only applying to DO schools and my GPA is 3.43/3.33. Thanks everyone.

Do NOT retake. There aren't too many schools that do the 125 cutoffs. That MCAT is very competitive for DO admissions, even with the 124.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Do NOT retake. There aren't too many schools that do the 125 cutoffs. That MCAT is very competitive for DO admissions, even with the 124.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I've actually seen that the ones promoting that 125 cutoff are randomly the new ones, like ARCOM or something. Don't sweat it. Plus I personally think that PS section is the least important :rolleyes:

@Goro your advice would be highly appreciated as well.
Mine does not have a 125 cutoff. It's not even lethal at a number of MD school. So quit fussing and start thinking about your app!

Reactions: 3 users
The only one that has a hard cutoff that I can think of is CUSOM, and I'm not sure if it is 125 or 124

It's 125, as they did not send me a secondary because of it

They told you that's why they didn't send you a secondary? Just curious because I plan on applying there this cycle but I have a less than 125 in 2 sections (508 overall)

They told you that's why they didn't send you a secondary? Just curious because I plan on applying there this cycle but I have a less than 125 in 2 sections (508 overall)
Yup, I was not given a secondary because I did not meet the MCAT threshold, I believe. Let me double check my email and I'll report back.

Edit: Did not meet GPA threshold, apparently MCAT was ok. But their website states "MCAT in the 50th percentile" is when you become competitive, so I'm not sure if that also means they like to see each section at 50th as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got into TCOM with a 123 CARS and a 507 overall.
I am IS resident. No cutoff at 123 here.
128 c/p 123 cars 130 b/b 126 p/s

Some schools might have a minimum MCAT screener (>500), but I'd be surprised if there is section screener unless it's something low like <122. You're fine. With that MCAT, I think you can be aggressive when it comes to choosing which DO schools to apply.

Mine does not have a 125 cutoff. It's not even lethal at a number of MD school. So quit fussing and start thinking about your app!
Really? You think his stats are okay-ish for MD too, or just strictly the subsection?

And NYCOM doesn't report a cutoff on their requirements! You're good to go fam.
I only have 122 in CR, 504 in total, 3.69 CGPA and I am accepted by NYCOM for the incoming class. So I will say if you are instate, you have a good chance.

I've actually seen that the ones promoting that 125 cutoff are randomly the new ones, like ARCOM or something. Don't sweat it. Plus I personally think that PS section is the least important :rolleyes:
Where did you see that ARCOM is promoting 125 cutoff? I went to their website and it mentions nothing about it.

Where did you see that ARCOM is promoting 125 cutoff? I went to their website and it mentions nothing about it.
Maybe it wasn't them, it may have been another new one. I applied to so many schools it's all very blurry lol

Cusom interviewed me and one of my subsections was 124. Should be okay imo.

It was ARCOM who advertised they wanted a min. Of 125 in each subsection. That is, until reality and hit them and they realized most applicants to their program didn't have that so they removed it.

To OP, if your goal is DO programs you're more than set w/ that MCAT score. Don't touch it. And congrats!!!

Then clearly they just hated me!

Last edited:
^^If it's any consolation, I wish they hadn't interviewed me

Hey, I was interviewed at 3 different schools with 2 subsections below 125. I was accepted to one, waitlisted at 2. You'll be fine :)