Benefits about become an ADA member

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ninna

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, if I am an international member which benefits that I have if I become a ADA member?

Thank you in advice.

Members don't see this ad.

Not all ADA/ASDA benefits are tangible items, such as the Journal of the ADA or the weekly ADA update magazine or some discounts on certain items or even a few local component or state/national meetings where CE opportunities present themselves.

There a a whole slew of intangible benefits that membership in the ADA provides, and allows to happen, especially in this day and age of increased regulation and potential paradigm shifts in the delivery of oral healthcare. The amount of lobbying at both a state and national level that the ADA does, of behalf of it's members to help guide and effect policy (from license reform to OSHA inspection protocols, to insurance regulations, to mid level providers, etc, etc) is immense and ongoing. Membership helps these things, things that very often can have a significant impact on how we as dentist's practice and earn our livelihood. These actions, most of which the vast majority of dentists want nothing to do with having to put the time and effort in themselves to effect policy change, happen on almost a daily basis, all over the country, and money from dues is a key part of this.

There's a saying in organized dentistry (and the ADA is the largest and most preeminent voice in organized dentistry in the US, and arguably the entire world), that 10% of the members do 90% of the work. That work benefits us all, so even if you have no desire being a part of the 10% that is doing the bulk of the work, and that's perfectly fine, rest assured that your involvement, by becoming and maintaining your ADA membership is a significant asset is helping our profession successfully navigate it's way into the future. Your membership allows the ADA's voice to be heard louder, and additionally, as someone who currently is quite involved in organized dentistry, it allows the ADA and state and local societies to better adapt their programming to meet your needs in a vast array of areas that pertain to a modern dental practice

Reactions: 2 users