Bennington College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docryder

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone attending the Bennington post- bac program? Just looking for some feedback on the program.....

Members don't see this ad.

Short answer: it rocks.

Slightly longer answer: it's not perfect, but nothing is, and it stands apart from other post-bac programs in some unique ways. If you're looking for a program that puts priority on factors that are also priorities for you, it may be far and away the best program you can choose.

Longer answer: PM me with questions. I did a whole huge research process trying to figure out where to go; I've been here since June and the first semester is almost done; I'm really happy with it so far. Like I say, it really depends on what you're looking for, but for me, I would not trade it for anywhere else.

Or, you could just post here with what's most important to you in a postbac, and I can give an opinion about how well I think the program fits those elements.

Thanks for the info. What was the interview like? I'll be having mine on September 16th.

From what my classmates have said, it's unusually laid-back and more like a conversation than an interview. Mine definitely was, but the Bennington interview was the only one I sheduled so I can't compare.

I would say, be prepared to ask a lot of good questions. Remember you're interviewing them as much as they are you. It's too intense and insane a thing (no matter where you go) to be at all happy if you're not sure you have a good fit. In general for postbacs, the worst thing you could do was try to tell them what you think they want to hear, and the worst thing that could happen is you'd get in to someplace it turns out you hate.

That effect would probably be magnified in as small a program as Bennington. So just be honest, tell your story, and if it turns out the way we do stuff is not what you'd do well with, then chalk it up as a win. If it seems you would like the environment and the style, then you can show that better with an open, honest talk.