Bereavement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SxyDentalDiva

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here goes it...I am needing to request off for my mother's imminent death. The question is...I'm not exactly sure how much time I should request off. I am currently a D2 in a myriad of courses...and although I think a week seems sufficient, there are times where I feel as though that's not enough time to grieve and really focus on school.

Thanks for any advice or help,

:(

Members don't see this ad.

I went though this a few years ago....

I took one day off to drive home and help my Dad make the funeral arrangements for the fateful day.

Then about 10 days later I drove home for the funeral and back to work the next day..

Two days is all it took. I NEEDED to be working on the other days so as not to dwell on my mothers death.

So here goes it...I am needing to request off for my mother's imminent death. The question is...I'm not exactly sure how much time I should request off. I am currently a D2 in a myriad of courses...and although I think a week seems sufficient, there are times where I feel as though that's not enough time to grieve and really focus on school.

Thanks for any advice or help,

:(

Take as much time as you need, the school and faculty will understand. You will never get this time back.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure of the answer, but I send my heartfelt sympathies to you.

I would talk to your student affairs or dean's office.

Keeping busy also helps to easy the burden. I've found that the more time I give myself to process things through, the worse I feel.