Berkeley Interview Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darling

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What did you guys think of the interview day festivities last Saturday? Any comments?

Members don't see this ad.

darling said:
What did you guys think of the interview day festivities last Saturday? Any comments?

Saturday was interesting...I met a few really nice people among the applicants and definitely all the staff and students were really nice. But I don't think my interview went well - and not that the interviewers were mean or anything like that at all - instead they were super nice and I think they were even helping me, but I was super nervous. :( *crossing fingers* I hope somehow it will still be okay though... :scared:

btw, for anyone who's thinking of applying in the future - UCBSO really tries to make people feel at ease. The day starts with kind of an orientation to the school with Dr. Van Sluyters, and then we break up into groups for lunch (which was yummy :p ). Then, depending on which group you're in, you begin the interview, do the essay, or go on a tour. At the very end, there's another presentation to wrap things up and that's it. :) Results concerning acceptance/waitlist/rejection comes in around mid-February.

best of luck to everyone who applied this year! :luck:

Hey,

You guys are lucky that your interviews were so much earlier this year. Last year it was around Feb. 20 and I didn't get my acceptance letter until March or April!

Hope you enjoyed the day at Berkeley! Too bad the weather was so depressing.

Ning-Ju

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck guys ! I think I would have done better on my UCB interview many moons ago had I not been in a cattle call with 39 other people. It psyched me out to see my "competition".

The interview was VERY LAID BACK. The interviewer (Dr. Adams) offered me candy and asked if I wanted anything to drink! I would say a little over half the time we were discussing the internet, politics and such...and then 1/4 about the interviewer's research and the other 1/4 was the so called "interview."

The staff, faculty, and students at Berkeley are WONDERFUL and the dean is AWESOME (Dr. Van Sluyters is hilarious!). The dean intentionally promotes "laid back" interviews since he is kind of sketchy on the ability for interviews to gauge a person's success in the first place.

The only things I didn't quite like are the facilities and equipment...they are nowhere near as nice as SCCO's. But I'm still deciding between SCCO and UCBSO regardless...a very tough choice I must admit...

darling said:

The interview was VERY LAID BACK. The interviewer (Dr. Adams) offered me candy and asked if I wanted anything to drink! I would say a little over half the time we were discussing the internet, politics and such...and then 1/4 about the interviewer's research and the other 1/4 was the so called "interview."

The staff, faculty, and students at Berkeley are WONDERFUL and the dean is AWESOME (Dr. Van Sluyters is hilarious!). The dean intentionally promotes "laid back" interviews since he is kind of sketchy on the ability for interviews to gauge a person's success in the first place.

The only things I didn't quite like are the facilities and equipment...they are nowhere near as nice as SCCO's. But I'm still deciding between SCCO and UCBSO regardless...a very tough choice I must admit...

the day went by pretty fast.
the actual interview was really laid back, which was a good thing for me because i was in the last group to be interviewed.
the professor and student were extremely nice. it was more like a conversation instead of an actual interview.