galak

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2008
Status (Visible)
Hi,

I read all the previous threads for the Berkeley PostBac and just recently went to their info session.

I'm planning to start with a Gen bio I lec/lab, while working 40 hrs a week, and hopefully completing all my pre-reqs for med school within 2 years.

1) Does anyone have recent experience?
2) How rigorous are the courses?
3) Any programs that help you link up with clinical/ER volunteering?
4) Success stories to M.D, D.O. Caribbean? they mentioned a few at the info session.
5) Any access to UCB tutoring/Pre-med counseling?

or any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help in advance!!!

Last edited:

Superman78

10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2008
Status (Visible)
I've read some pretty bad things about it here, but it's my only option for the Fall since SFSU registration is over and open enrollment is a dead end for getting into classes.

I have a question - take Genetics for example. At my undergrad school it was 4 units, but in Berkeley extension it is 3 units. If I retook Genetics at Berkeley extension, would AMCAS count it as a retake and thus average the two grades, or would it be seen as a different class since it isn't the same number of units? Is it possible to retake a class at a different institution or does AMCAS only consider it a retake if you retake the class at the same school?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.