Berkeley transcripts on hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubblebear

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Saw some posts from Berkeley students with transcript problems. So I called AMCAS yesterday, it's been more than a month and still hasn't received my UCB transcript. I went to Sproul today thinking that I should resubmit my transcript. Just learned from the lady that they are HOLDING transcripts of recent graduates until our degrees are verified, she said that they should be ready tomorrow. Guess there's nothing else we can do.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine was received by AMCAS after sending three UCB transcripts to them over a period of 2 months... I am a relatively recent graduate (class 98), and UCB didn't hold my transcript at all. It was AMCAS that was kept on losing the transcripts. I will talk to Sproul people and make sure about that... I have a feeling that the Sproul people are telling people different stories at different times... Now I don't trust neither.

i just came back from sproul. they told me that all transcripts sent to amcas are certified, and if amcas signed for and received your transcript, the registrar would have received a card verifying the successful delivery. according to their records, my transcript was sent to amcas on june 20, but they have still not received the notification card back .. so the transcript is floating around somewhere between berkeley and amcas. kinda weird.

i asked them about the holding thing. they said they didn't do that. who knows?

so, i paid 24 more dollars to have them rush and express yet another transcript. hope this one works.

Members don't see this ad :)
neecie, don't hate that feeling when they told you the transcript wasn't received. For two months, I was fighting the urge to drive to DC and kick those guys into shape.

haha...neecie,
Just so you know, you probably could have spent the 5 dollars and been fine. I sent one rush order and one regular order to two different schools. It turned out that I needed the regular one to be put on hold...so I called sproul and tried to change it. So two days later when I called, they told me they had JUST mailed it out! Crazy huh? :) and that was the one that WAS NOT RUSHED. So now I see there is no point to waste the extra money to get things rushed.

hmmm, Sproul's telling us conflicting things...guess I'll take another trip there tomorrow to make sure.