Berkley Review MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chubjectsubject

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone! I am about to start my MCAT prep, and while I was researching review materials, I came across the Berkley Review. I have heard many great things about their books and am considering enrolling in their home study program.

However, while I continued my research on the Berkley Review I came across mixed reviews about their course and books. My biggest concern is that some people were mentioning how their books are outdated. I wanted some clarity on whether this is true or not. By outdated does it mean they haven't added little details or are outdated in the sense there is key info missing?

Furthermore, if anyone has taken the Berkley review home study program, how is it and is it worth it?

Thank you!
 
The lecture course folded back in December 2021. Only one partner remained, so continuing the class required sacrificing teacher quality. After one session under the new management team and the teachers they hired, the class turned into just another class (no better or worse than any other class).

In terms of the books, the CP books got minor updates here and there. The CP books still lead to great scores, and are the best study materials you'll find for chem and physics. If you can find a clean, used set, it's a great investment. Paper-based studying really is the best, although online practice exams are the only way to go for an online exam.

I shy away from commenting on books other than organic, general, and physics, because those are the ones you will find lower caliber reviews for. The negative comments about BR books almost always comes from the non-CP books. You might be seeing reviews for the various books, which explains why you heard/read great things (CP) and not so good things (probably CARS and PS).