• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

dangit

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2006
Status
Medical Student
I'm trying to fly out to LECOM-PA from Northern California (ie san jose or sfo) for interview on jan 16th...does anyone have any idea on where I can find a good deal? Most of the flights I've seen online were around $350. Also, is ERIE International the only airport close to LECOM? Thank you!

PunkmedGirl

Freshman Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 23, 2007
Status
Pre-Medical
I'm trying to fly out to LECOM-PA from Northern California (ie san jose or sfo) for interview on jan 16th...does anyone have any idea on where I can find a good deal? Most of the flights I've seen online were around $350. Also, is ERIE International the only airport close to LECOM? Thank you!
Did you try Kayak.com?? That site usually has some good deals.

Bacchus

Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
You could fly into Pittsburgh and rent a car...

About the Ads

Bacchus

Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
I looked at Cleveland, Buffalo, Erie, and Pittsburgh. Pitt was the cheapest by more than $100.
I figured it would be. Also, flying into Buffalo opens a can of worms that no one wants to deal with. For the OP, January 16, is in SNOW SEASON. Pitt is probably the best choice in case of a weather meltdown.

dangit

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2006
Status
Medical Student
thanks for the replies!

bacchus, how is it to drive from pitts to erie? since this is my first trip out to lecom, i will prob fly into Erie International out of convenience, but in the future (if i go to LECOM) then I will consider driving.

Bacchus

Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2007
Status
Attending Physician
I'm not sure, but I think it'd be the safest bet with the winter season. Flying into Erie is an option, but its always more expensive.

About the Ads