Best approach for studying: 2nd round

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

informatique

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the DAT last summer, but didn't apply. My scores were:

Bio: 17
Chem: 17
Ochem: 17
RC: 20
Math: 16
PAT: 21

Those are horrible scores. Last year I studied for a few weeks using Kaplan Blue Book and finished part of Achiever.

I am taking the DAT again in June and I started studying this week, but I'm not sure what strategy I should use. I finally got Destroyer, Topscore, and Shaum's Biology and Chemistry book. Should I just answer as many questions as possible and review the answers I get wrong or should I just be reading and memorizing as many things as possible. I only have 5 weeks to study so I've been really cramming the past few days, but all of the practice tests don't really have the analytical/conceptual type of questions that are on the real DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

i would say better to go through the questions then just reading and memorizing because you won't really be able to tell whether or not you actually have full grasp over the material. i'd say go over destroyer and see if you can answer questions. whatever you can't answer, circle it look over solution and use wikipedia and schaum's to get a more full understanding of the material it's asking. and then move onto topscore and achiever to again see which areas you're weak in and go over that material again.