Best Book For Step 2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AbuJadenDO

Soon2beOB
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i'm looking for the best book to prep for Step 2 COMLEX and I might even take step 2 USMLE.

it's a toss up between Crush Step 2, Step 2 secrets, and 1st aid for step 2 ck.
any thoughts?
also what's the best for question practice? usmleworld vs online kaplan qbank vs kaplan qbook?

thanks people!

Members don't see this ad.

I also just start Step 2 and did a little bit research for the resources. I believe most people use Kaplan notes. For questions, UW is the first, then Qbook.

but where can you get the book set new other than from kaplan? cuz if i wanna get the combo with the online questions they will run out before the exam gets here

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wonder why many pic UW before Kaplans Qbank for step2ck??????

In short, USMLEworld is more representative than QBank. I did both. UW is simply more like the exam. Kaplan QBank is also more expensive. So you get a better product for less money.

As far as books, it really is a toss up. From First Aid and Step 2 Secrets, I would pick the book with the format you'd enjoy the most. If you like Q&A, Secrets. Outline format, First Aid. Crush is Step 2 Secrets in outline form. Having briefly scanned First Aid, I think it's slightly better than Secrets. But enough to warrant a buy over a format you'd want to read.

what about doing Step up to Medicine for Internal Medicine and Kaplan for the rest of the subjects. I know step up is a big book to read but considering Internal medicine comprises 60-70% of step 2, don't you think its important to cover IM comprehensively?? BTW, I already went through step up to medicine twice while doing rotations.

I would like some advice on this.

Thanks in advance for any input.

So i'm looking for the best book to prep for Step 2 COMLEX and I might even take step 2 USMLE.

it's a toss up between Crush Step 2, Step 2 secrets, and 1st aid for step 2 ck.
any thoughts?
also what's the best for question practice? usmleworld vs online kaplan qbank vs kaplan qbook?

thanks people!

first aid all the way, I used that and usmleasy.com, I felt very prepared.

Due to time constraints, Qbook and Step 2 Secrets were all I studied. Both were very high yield, and I felt well-prepared, even in the subject whose clerkship I haven't taken yet. Ironically, I was doing better on all my OB/Gyn sections while I was studying than on any of the subjects whose clerkships I've taken. Obviously I was getting confused by what I saw people doing in real life. But there were definitely a lot fewer WTF?-type questions on this Step vs. Step 1.

Of course, I won't get my score for several weeks, so it's possible that I didn't know enough to see anything difficult about it. You know, the whole too-dumb-to-know-how-dumb-you-are Step 1 phenomenon.