Best book for the written ABA exam???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sevoflurane

Ride
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who know.... what is the single best multiple choice book for the written ABA boards?

Members don't see this ad.

sevoflurane said:
For those of you who know.... what is the single best multiple choice book for the written ABA boards?

I don't think there is any ONE book that is good enough to stand on its own for the exam. I used Faust, M&M, and Jensen for review. Hall & Jones & Jensen for questions, but I also read a number of subspecialty texts.

Jensens's Big Blue is the way to go! Faust and M&M are good too. However, nothing beats Big Blue. I suggest buying it as a CA-1 and use it all throughout residency. I remember as a CA-3 reading it and finally learning why we did some of the things we did.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyonve have any experience with "MGH board review of Anesthesiology" by Dershwitz ? Certainly big blue is the way to go... but I don't want to fork out the cash during my intern year when a new version is likely to come out in the future... Does M&M actually put out a set of multiple choice questions, or are you are you speaking of "clinical anesthesiology" (my favorite gas book)?
UTSW: what's the name of the review ? book written by Hall & Jones & Jensen?
Thanks.

what is the title of Jensen's Book? Thank you

sevoflurane said:
Anyonve have any experience with "MGH board review of Anesthesiology" by Dershwitz ? Certainly big blue is the way to go... but I don't want to fork out the cash during my intern year when a new version is likely to come out in the future... Does M&M actually put out a set of multiple choice questions, or are you are you speaking of "clinical anesthesiology" (my favorite gas book)?
UTSW: what's the name of the review ? book written by Hall & Jones & Jensen?
Thanks.
Hall and Jones' book was given to me in a digitized format so I don't remember the title on the cover. Jensen's is simply Big Blue.

MGH Board review had a lot of mistakes when I read it. If it has been updated in the last two years, it might be worthwhile. Yao and Artusio's problem oriented anesthesiology management text is also an easy read and high yield.

I did a quick search on the web... Hall and Jones = Anesthesia, a comprehensive review (about 1000?'s). I took a look at MGH today at my programs bookstore and although filled with questions (1800 ?'s) a lot of the ones I read were not what I would think the boards are like... ie, what is the chemical formula of isoflurane? At least I hope the boards aren't so bland... :scared:
Thanks for the info.