Best book to learn dermatology for a dermatopathologist

Started by Denmark
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Denmark

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am working as a dermato-pathologist.
I feel I need a more in deep knowledge about dermatology.
Can you recommend a book (postgraduate).
It should be readable!

Looked at:

Jean L. Bolognia. Dermatology (looks like a heavy read)
Thomas Habif: Clinical dermatology (maybe too simple)
Andrews' Diseases of the Skin: Clinical Dermatology (my favorite)

Any other suggest?

 
I am working as a dermato-pathologist.
I feel I need a more in deep knowledge about dermatology.
Can you recommend a book (postgraduate).
It should be readable!

Looked at:

Jean L. Bolognia. Dermatology (looks like a heavy read)
Thomas Habif: Clinical dermatology (maybe too simple)
Andrews' Diseases of the Skin: Clinical Dermatology (my favorite)

Any other suggest?

.

For someone with a pathology background and no dermatology background, reading and understanding all 3 of the above books would be very impressive. I suggest starting with Habif and then moving to Andrews. Andrews is brief but can be difficult for first year Derm residents given its brevity let alone a complete outsider.

I do agree Bolognia might be a bit much for you, but it does have nice photos and charts to assist in understanding the material.