You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
best caribbean school with NO MCAT
Started by d4dental
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Try SABA before they require the MCAT!
Try schools in this order (my opinion)
SABA
MUA
AUA
St. Matts
St. James
St. Eustacious
Xavier
Windsor
If you do not get into any of these Give up
Right on agreed!!
Seems like doing good in MCAT can definitely improve your chances of getting in.
Can Anatomy and Physiology 1 & 2 which has a lab/theory, and is a biology class be counted as general biology for premed requirements.
Appreciate your reply.
Thanks.
Can Anatomy and Physiology 1 & 2 which has a lab/theory, and is a biology class be counted as general biology for premed requirements.
Appreciate your reply.
Thanks.
St. James School of medicine appears consistently in the list of top 10 carib schools. From what I read on these forums it is the cheapest school and provides the basic education well enough for you to be able to take the USMLE.
Has anyone noticed their website is .org and not .edu...should this be a concern to anyone considering SJSM? I mean most schools have .edu so jus wondering why sjsm doesnt have one?
Does anyone know much about this school? Can you get a license in TX and FL if you graduate from St. James? I'm poor (reason for not considering US MD/DO programs) and considering sjsm for their low cost. I have a decent GPA (3.50 undergrad and Masters 3.80, MCAT 34P). Any info on this school is much appreciated. Thanks.
Has anyone noticed their website is .org and not .edu...should this be a concern to anyone considering SJSM? I mean most schools have .edu so jus wondering why sjsm doesnt have one?
Does anyone know much about this school? Can you get a license in TX and FL if you graduate from St. James? I'm poor (reason for not considering US MD/DO programs) and considering sjsm for their low cost. I have a decent GPA (3.50 undergrad and Masters 3.80, MCAT 34P). Any info on this school is much appreciated. Thanks.
St. James School of medicine appears consistently in the list of top 10 carib schools. From what I read on these forums it is the cheapest school and provides the basic education well enough for you to be able to take the USMLE.
Has anyone noticed their website is .org and not .edu...should this be a concern to anyone considering SJSM? I mean most schools have .edu so jus wondering why sjsm doesnt have one?
Does anyone know much about this school? Can you get a license in TX and FL if you graduate from St. James? I'm poor (reason for not considering US MD/DO programs) and considering sjsm for their low cost. I have a decent GPA (3.50 undergrad and Masters 3.80, MCAT 34P). Any info on this school is much appreciated. Thanks.
SJSM is a not for profit school
The only state you cannot get a License in when not approved by the state is California
That said yes you can be Licensed in FL and TX from sjsm in fact there is one in TX now.
St. James School of medicine appears consistently in the list of top 10 carib schools. From what I read on these forums it is the cheapest school and provides the basic education well enough for you to be able to take the USMLE.
Has anyone noticed their website is .org and not .edu...should this be a concern to anyone considering SJSM? I mean most schools have .edu so jus wondering why sjsm doesnt have one?
Does anyone know much about this school? Can you get a license in TX and FL if you graduate from St. James? I'm poor (reason for not considering US MD/DO programs) and considering sjsm for their low cost. I have a decent GPA (3.50 undergrad and Masters 3.80, MCAT 34P). Any info on this school is much appreciated. Thanks.
With those stats, you need to go to a US MD first and try to get in!!
Hell, I am poor too. Just borrow the money with loans and avoid all the hassles that come with being a IMG.
It is not that much more money and in the long run the benefits definitely will be higher than the costs.
Maybe some of the med students from the Caribbean can back this up?
Always take a US MD try especially with those stats and then go for the Caribbean or DO.
I think you are right too, What state is the OP in?With those stats, you need to go to a US MD first and try to get in!!
Hell, I am poor too. Just borrow the money with loans and avoid all the hassles that come with being a IMG.
It is not that much more money and in the long run the benefits definitely will be higher than the costs.
Maybe some of the med students from the Caribbean can back this up?
Always take a US MD try especially with those stats and then go for the Caribbean or DO.
In Georgia MCG STUDENT TUITION
Academic Year 07/08
Medical School: In-State Tuition Out-of-State Tuition
Full-Time $ 6,775 $ 15,488
Less than 12 Credit hours $ 565 $ 1,291
This is cheap! Cheaper then some Caribbean schools for sure!
Try SABA before they require the MCAT!
Yea SABA says this too but yet they do not for everyone.
With those stats, you need to go to a US MD first and try to get in!!
Hell, I am poor too. Just borrow the money with loans and avoid all the hassles that come with being a IMG.
It is not that much more money and in the long run the benefits definitely will be higher than the costs.
Maybe some of the med students from the Caribbean can back this up?
Always take a US MD try especially with those stats and then go for the Caribbean or DO.
I have to agree with this. In fact, sometimes Caribbean schools can be even more expensive than US schools. Plus, you have to factor in travel, cost of living, etc... Your stats would probably be enough to get you in a US school. When you have failed to secure admission to a US school (MD or DO) at least twice, that's the time to think about a Caribbean med school.
i thought that the AUA is a much better school than the MUA, why did you rank the MUA as better than the AUA? What are you basing this on?Try schools in this order (my opinion)
SABA
MUA
AUA
St. Matts
St. James
St. Eustacious
Xavier
Windsor
If you do not get into any of these Give up
how about All saints Aruba Asum ( not dominica)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Simplei thought that the AUA is a much better school than the MUA, why did you rank the MUA as better than the AUA? What are you basing this on?
MUA has been around about 5 to 6 years longer then AUA ( AUA started in 2004 so its only 4 years old), MUA has way more successful fully Licensed Docs, AUA has 0 ( not residents but fully Licensed.) MUA is the owned by the same people as SABA.
So is that enough?
The only thing better at AUA is the Ad campaign, Oh and they charge about 10k a semester I understand too with poor loan options......... yea MUA is better.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 6K