best caribbean school with NO MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

d4dental

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know which Caribbean medical school is the best one which DOES NOT REQUIRE AN MCAT...and why?

thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Saba doesn't require the MCAT, and its among the top 4. Try there.

Try schools in this order (my opinion)

SABA
MUA
AUA
St. Matts
St. James
St. Eustacious
Xavier
Windsor

If you do not get into any of these Give up

Members don't see this ad :)
St Matthews requires the MCAT as of this semester i believe

SABA
MUA
AUA
St. Matts
St. James
St. Eustacious
Xavier
Windsor

Right on agreed!!

Seems like doing good in MCAT can definitely improve your chances of getting in.

Can Anatomy and Physiology 1 & 2 which has a lab/theory, and is a biology class be counted as general biology for premed requirements.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks.

St. James School of medicine appears consistently in the list of top 10 carib schools. From what I read on these forums it is the cheapest school and provides the basic education well enough for you to be able to take the USMLE.

Has anyone noticed their website is .org and not .edu...should this be a concern to anyone considering SJSM? I mean most schools have .edu so jus wondering why sjsm doesnt have one?

Does anyone know much about this school? Can you get a license in TX and FL if you graduate from St. James? I'm poor (reason for not considering US MD/DO programs) and considering sjsm for their low cost. I have a decent GPA (3.50 undergrad and Masters 3.80, MCAT 34P). Any info on this school is much appreciated. Thanks.

St. James School of medicine appears consistently in the list of top 10 carib schools. From what I read on these forums it is the cheapest school and provides the basic education well enough for you to be able to take the USMLE.

Has anyone noticed their website is .org and not .edu...should this be a concern to anyone considering SJSM? I mean most schools have .edu so jus wondering why sjsm doesnt have one?

Does anyone know much about this school? Can you get a license in TX and FL if you graduate from St. James? I'm poor (reason for not considering US MD/DO programs) and considering sjsm for their low cost. I have a decent GPA (3.50 undergrad and Masters 3.80, MCAT 34P). Any info on this school is much appreciated. Thanks.

SJSM is a not for profit school

The only state you cannot get a License in when not approved by the state is California

That said yes you can be Licensed in FL and TX from sjsm in fact there is one in TX now.

With those stats, you need to go to a US MD first and try to get in!!

Hell, I am poor too. Just borrow the money with loans and avoid all the hassles that come with being a IMG.

It is not that much more money and in the long run the benefits definitely will be higher than the costs.

Maybe some of the med students from the Caribbean can back this up?

Always take a US MD try especially with those stats and then go for the Caribbean or DO.

Hell, I am poor too. Just borrow the money with loans and avoid all the hassles that come with being a IMG.

It is not that much more money and in the long run the benefits definitely will be higher than the costs.

Always take a US MD try especially with those stats and then go for the Caribbean or DO.
I think you are right too, What state is the OP in?

In Georgia MCG STUDENT TUITION

Academic Year 07/08

Medical School: In-State Tuition Out-of-State Tuition

Full-Time $ 6,775 $ 15,488
Less than 12 Credit hours $ 565 $ 1,291

This is cheap! Cheaper then some Caribbean schools for sure!

I have to agree with this. In fact, sometimes Caribbean schools can be even more expensive than US schools. Plus, you have to factor in travel, cost of living, etc... Your stats would probably be enough to get you in a US school. When you have failed to secure admission to a US school (MD or DO) at least twice, that's the time to think about a Caribbean med school.

SABA
MUA
AUA
St. Matts
St. James
St. Eustacious
Xavier
Windsor

i thought that the AUA is a much better school than the MUA, why did you rank the MUA as better than the AUA? What are you basing this on?

how about All saints Aruba Asum ( not dominica)

i thought that the AUA is a much better school than the MUA, why did you rank the MUA as better than the AUA? What are you basing this on?
Simple
MUA has been around about 5 to 6 years longer then AUA ( AUA started in 2004 so its only 4 years old), MUA has way more successful fully Licensed Docs, AUA has 0 ( not residents but fully Licensed.) MUA is the owned by the same people as SABA.

So is that enough?

The only thing better at AUA is the Ad campaign, Oh and they charge about 10k a semester I understand too with poor loan options......... yea MUA is better.