best choice for 4th year AI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suckerfree

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering...when applying for pathology residency, is there any best choice for Acting internship during 4th year - surgery, internal, peds? Can someone do an AI in anything? I know some 4th years here did AI's in neurology (one of them wanted to do neuropathology ultimately).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering...when applying for pathology residency, is there any best choice for Acting internship during 4th year - surgery, internal, peds? Can someone do an AI in anything? I know some 4th years here did AI's in neurology (one of them wanted to do neuropathology ultimately).

Thanks!

It doesn't matter - do what you will enjoy the most. I did surgery because I liked it more than any of the other 3rd year clerkships. No one ever brought it up in interviews.

Thanks!

Do an AI in anything...preferably one that requires the least frequent calls.

Do an AI in anything...preferably one that requires the least frequent calls.

I second this approach. I did a AI/SubI/JI (whatever you want to call it) in Psychiatry/Addiction Medicine, and there was no mention of it during my interviews. It was my second AI, however, as my school requires us to do one mandatory AI in internal medicine.