Best DAT prep materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazyindy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
whats up dent heads!

So from reading around past threads on the best DAT prep materials I've decided to invest in the following:

for PAT: DAT bootcamp
for Reading : DAT bootcamp
Bio: Cliffs AP bio
GC and OC: chads videos
DAT destroyer + math destroyer for practice

any more suggestions to add to my list? Also what is the Kaplan blue book that everyone is talking about? is it any helpful?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

The materials you have now are pretty solid. I'm using the Kaplan blue nook now and the only thing that is helpful is introducing you to PAT. Giving you a good starting foundation.

If you're not having trouble with PAT, then you probably don't need it.

Really depends on how long you plan to study. For a 1 month full time cram, your list was what I used (in addition to CDP, which was useful for helping me get into the PAT section). The Kaplan BB is really analogous to the SAT blue book you may remember from high school, which is a nice intro to the DAT in my opinion, but nothing more than that. If you have more than a month, then starting with the kaplan BB is okay. If not, you aren't missing too much with your current list of materials.