Best DAT Study Guide?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wwkkim

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which one do you guys recommend for DAT?

I have no idea which one I should buy and I can only buy one.

THank you guys

Members don't see this ad.

Each DAT guide has its owns strengths and weaknesses, but I would say the best all around DAT guide is probably the Kaplan blue book. Not perfect, but it gives you a complete review on each section along with some practice questions and some full length tests. You may also want to use your college biology textbook in addtion as Kaplan is a little bit weak in this section.

Kaplan Blue Book

about the kaplan blue book. If i took the Kaplan classroom course... would this blue book be a lesser version of the lesson book or something different?

i would get the destroyer. Sure a lot of the other books may be not as easy. But the destroyer will challange you, and thats the only way to prepare for this exam. The solutions are the end of each section explain the wrong answers too! Read other peoples comments through out the board. the destroyer is worth its $$

Members don't see this ad :)
about the kaplan blue book. If i took the Kaplan classroom course... would this blue book be a lesser version of the lesson book or something different?

If you have the materials from the Kaplan course, there is no need to get the blue book. The blue book is very similar to the main book you get with the course.

Kaplan's PAT subject tests are great confidence builders (Try getting these from a friend). I had trouble with their science material because their stuff is kind of all over the place. Their Lesson books have diff. material than their review notes, the flashcards were too simple, the subject tests varied from easy to hard as hell, and their online syllabus was another mess. This is a major reason why I liked DAT Destroyer so much. Destroyer is a great comprehensive review of all that u need to know for the sciences & the QR, & it's consistently tough throughout (you must do these exams over and over and over again, to get a complete understanding of the material). And Topscore -or- Achiever are essential as far as timing is concerned (and don't use scrap paper, use a dry erase board while practicing) :cool:

{And practice really hard on ur Read.Comp. cause the boards have become more passage and case based, so this is a really important score. They use it as an indicator of how well u might do in the future, if accepted}