Best DAT study materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polishp86

The Man, DDS
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just have a question about what the best study materials for successs on the DAT would be. I am currently using the Kaplan review notes, the DAT destroyer, and old class notes. Is there anything out there, like computer software or other books that I'm not using, that people found helped out a lot in preparation for the exam? I would like to utilize some sort of software but I am wary to just start buying programs without hearing how they work and IF they actually work. For example, has anyone used Crack DAT PAT that is shown on a banner at the top of this forum? Also, where could I get old test questions and numerous practice tests?

Thanks in advace!

Members don't see this ad.

Do a search... you will find a lot of information about the softwares

Achiever & topscore are the most used software for full length DAT

Crack DAT PAT is a good practice as well.

Kaplan and Destroyer are both great resources for preparing for the DAT. I would add either Topscore DAT or DAT achiever (both software programs) to your prep material as well as these are both great DAT simulations. The both come with a few full length practice tests and are fairly true to what you will see on the real exam. Crack DAT PAT is very helpful for the PAT section - its a bit expensive though, but worth it if you need the extra practice for that portion of the exam. One other comment I would add is that kaplan does not cover the biology section of the exam very well. You can use your own notes or old textbook to get a better review, or pick up a copy of Schaum's outline of biology to cover all the material that will be on the DAT. Good luck!

Topscore DAT
Dat Achiever
Crack DAT PAT
Schaum's Outline of Biology

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't like Achiever. Thought it wasn't realistic at all. Crack DAT PAT, Top Score, Kaplan's Blue Book and Destroyer are highly recommended by me.