best drug website

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Enas78

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
what’s the best website for pharmaciest to know about drugs interactions and side effects? thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

That kinda depends on your practice setting and what your organization provides you for free. Micromedex, Lexi, and Clinical Pharmacology are all nice. But most of us don’t want to pay out of pocket for them.

Reactions: 1 user
Micromedex does have a free app version (although, I think there might be a fee now 3-4$ or so), but does NOT include interactions display in the drug info.
Lexicomp & Micromedex (& I am sure many other databases) have almost verbatim sections on side effect info (even ADR%s) with maybe a few minor word changes (thesaurus). Lexicomp & Clinical Pharmacology both (not free) have good, detailed drug interaction sections with scored severity ratings & management as well as data that goes along with the interaction in question.

I can not say there is a single "best" because like others have mentioned, it depends on your work setting. Although I would steer clear of Epocrates for drug info simply because it is pretty bad at omitting information & lacks detail vs. other databases for drugs at least (although the drug info part is free).

Reactions: 1 user