Best education....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

andrewsmack05

Full Member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am torn between two schools right now, mainly because WVU hasnt sent out invitations yet. The only way I can decide between the two is the one that is gonna give me the best education, any thoughts between Shenandoah U. and Wingate?
 
I'd wait for either WVU or Maryland...those two are miles ahead of the other schools you have listed in your sig...and of the ones you've been accepted to, I'd look at Thomas Jefferson...at least they are attached to a decent hospital/medical program...
 
Why do you say that the state schools are miles ahead of the others? Are they really all that bad? A big draw is the MBA that shenandoah offers as a joint program, but I dont know if I should forego that for just a PharmD that WVU offers.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why do you say that the state schools are miles ahead of the others? Are they really all that bad? A big draw is the MBA that shenandoah offers as a joint program, but I dont know if I should forego that for just a PharmD that WVU offers.

The state schools have been around forever and have developed quite the formula for success. They consistently have quality graduates. The interns I've worked with from Charleston (WV) and Appalachia have been lackluster in comparison to peers from older, established schools such as Pitt, WVU, Ohio State, and Duquesne.

Though, as far as I know, I might have coincidentally been sent the bottom of the barrel from those schools...who knows...
 
One thing I would add is that last year Shenandoah had a 100% pass rate for the naplex!