narutoverse13

5+ Year Member
Aug 23, 2014
Status
Medical Student
Hey everyone! I've been trying to find the cheapest flight websites, but I don't know which one is the best. Where have you all found luck with?

foucault

2+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Google.com/flights + ITA matrix are a good first line resource. If you can manage the minimum spend (and have a good credit score), there are a bunch of travel credit cards that will get you points and/or reimburse some travel expenses that you could look into. Try clearing browser cookies and history before/between flight searching also (I've seen my flight prices change ~$100 because of this)

frosted2

2+ Year Member
Jun 12, 2016
Under a cozy blanket
Status
Pre-Medical, Other Health Professions Student
Frontier and Allegiant always have super cheap (but unfortunately often delayed) flights (if they have service to an area near you).

About the Ads

aldol16

2+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I usually use Kayak and haven't found any site that's much better than them. Know that Southwest, which usually has pretty good deals (especially since they don't have change fees), doesn't let third-party sites post their flights though so always check their site to see if they have cheaper flights than competitors. They usually do if you're flying into or out of a major hub.

candbgirl

Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2005
Status
Another thing to look at is use any airport in proximity . For instance chicago has two major airports and lots of flights are cheaper going to Midway. If you are interviewing at Pritzker or LOYOLA OR really Rush or UIC it might be cheaper to find a Southwest flight. If you are going to Rosalind Franklin look at Milwaukee. RF is 13 miles from the IL/WI border so it's a pretty easy drive to Milwaukee. Keep your options open.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Prometheus123

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
May 9, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical
Use Skiplagged! You just need to be careful and only do carry on bags

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
A second vote for skiplagged! Basically it lets you find cheap flights with a connecting flight in your actual destination. Then you just intentionally skip the connecting flight. Great way to reduce costs, especially for brief stays for interviews. Only disadvantage is that you can't check bags.

Reactions: frosted2
About the Ads