Best hematology textbook/resource?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheFifthEye

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey~

Medical student here.

What is the best hematology textbook and/or resource out there? (For physiology, pathophysiology, and pathology)

All input is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey~

Medical student here.

What is the best hematology textbook and/or resource out there? (For physiology, pathophysiology, and pathology)

Thanks in advance.

I really like Pathology Student - a pathologist named Kristine Krafts at the University of Minnesota. She has ebooks like The Complete Hematopathology Guide and Clot or Bleed that are very helpful.

Pathology Student | Making pathology easy and fun

Hey~

Medical student here.

Thanks in advance.
pathoma if you're short on time and goljian's rapid review pathology if you have plenty of time

goljian has great pictures and diagrams.

Members don't see this ad :)
I gotta say that the “first aid for the basic sciences” book does a really great job of covering in depth enough and broad enough to really hit everything you will ever need from hem-onc. I would highly recommend - it is a pretty quick read too! It does quite a bit more than your average review, but does it much quicker than an actual textbook.

Hit that plus pathoma and FA and you are golden.

FA and pathoma and then Robbins textbook if you have any other questions or points of confusion. Along with FA there is the organ system book which is great and slightly more detail then FA

I gotta say that the “first aid for the basic sciences” book does a really great job of covering in depth enough and broad enough to really hit everything you will ever need from hem-onc. I would highly recommend - it is a pretty quick read too! It does quite a bit more than your average review, but does it much quicker than an actual textbook.

Hit that plus pathoma and FA and you are golden.
I heard Crush Step 1 is good too, it looks similar to FA fot the Basic Sciences?