You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Best lifestyle neuro residencies?
Started by liquidshadow22
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Last cycle i interviewed mainly in the West. The following 3 programs seemed to have a better work-life balance than the rest: Harbor UCLA, Kaiser and UoA Phoenix
Did you happen to interview anywhere in the Midwest? I've heard between nothing and that Loyola is horrendousLast cycle i interviewed mainly in the West. The following 3 programs seemed to have a better work-life balance than the rest: Harbor UCLA, Kaiser and UoA Phoenix
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No I didn’tDid you happen to interview anywhere in the Midwest? I've heard between nothing and that Loyola is horrendous
Just remembered, Mayo Scottsdale is relatively chill too.
You heard correct. Midwest programs are generally malignant, at least in Chicago.UW and UIowa are probably the chiller ones.Did you happen to interview anywhere in the Midwest? I've heard between nothing and that Loyola is horrendous
Does anyone have any info on south east or north east residences?
Well thats no good haha UW seems pretty anti-DO. Iowa is kinda as well. All the Chicago ones are bad? I was hearing okay things about Rush and UIC but maybe I misheard.You heard correct. Midwest programs are generally malignant, at least in Chicago.UW and UIowa are probably the chiller ones.
Just need my 240 or whatever to give myself a shot at UW/Iowa I guess :/
You heard correct. Midwest programs are generally malignant, at least in Chicago.UW and UIowa are probably the chiller ones.
This seems a little dramatic.
Case Western seemed like an excellent program, both for training and lifestyle. If I wanted to stay in the Upper Midwest, it would have been my top choice.
Not sure if youve interviewed at any Chicago programs but thats just the vibe of the city. Either way, Rush and NW are great programs! The program and residents are fantastic and youll get excellent training there, not to mention Chicago is an amazing city!This seems a little dramatic.
Not sure if youve interviewed at any Chicago programs but thats just the vibe of the city. Either way, Rush and NW are great programs! The program and residents are fantastic and youll get excellent training there, not to mention Chicago is an amazing city!
I did interview in Chicago and other midwest programs, just not buying that "midwest programs are generally malignant," compared to places I interviewed in the northeast and south. Seemed about the same give or take specific program features. We're certainly all going to work hard as neurology residents!
Residency in general is more or less "malignant" as per whatever everyones definition is. Dont quit out on a program just because people say its malignant, go with what fits best with your personality OPI did interview in Chicago and other midwest programs, just not buying that "midwest programs are generally malignant," compared to places I interviewed in the northeast and south. Seemed about the same give or take specific program features. We're certainly all going to work hard as neurology residents!
Does anyone have any info on south east or north east residences?
Columbia, JHU, Emory, and Partners are super chill lifestyle residencies. That is why they are competitive.
Really? I heard Cornell is the busiest of the NYC programs. From what I've heard Emory and Partners are pretty busy, especially Emory given their location and catchment area. I know people who have trained at Emory who said you work your tail off.Columbia, JHU, Emory, and Partners are super chill lifestyle residencies. That is why they are competitive.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
*whoooooosh*Really? I heard Cornell is the busiest of the NYC programs. From what I've heard Emory and Partners are pretty busy, especially Emory given their location and catchment area. I know people who have trained at Emory who said you work your tail off.
I have a feeling he's joking.Columbia, JHU, Emory, and Partners are super chill lifestyle residencies. That is why they are competitive.
I have heard cornell is the toughest in Nyc as well
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 10K