Best material for science classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DestinedDentist

Maximize My Potential
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone,

I will just go straight to my point. I am taking general bio&chem next semester. I am wondering what kind of material have you guys bought for preparing them. cliffnotes? for dummies series? would you please recommend some from amazon? Thank you for taking the time reading my post and your advices.:hardy:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What do you mean? There's never really any reason to prepare for a class before it even starts, unless its a really strange and rare case where you have some kind of summer homework...trust me, especially for general bio and chem, teachers will probably assume you all know nothing about the subject and will therefore start from the very basics...I mean if you are just a hardcore overachiever and are set on studying up before next semester, I would try asking someone you know who took the class and maybe borrowing a book...

I took AP bio&chem during high school so i guess that was my preparation.. but other than that, i didn't do anything.
i'm not sure if you're asking about preparing before taking the class or study aids for while you're taking the course... but i'd if you really want to prepare before you take the class, like victoria said, see if you can get the book from year before.. if you're asking about extra stuff that'll help while you take the course, i really don't think you need extra material cause the textbook will really be enough.. you probably won't even have time to read the assigned chapters more than once.. if you really want extra aid, i'd say getting the solution manual for the textbook you guys will be using and doing all the problems in the back of the assigned chapters would be a good idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
Night before the test, powerpoints, notes and maybe the textbook.

Thanks to you guys! I took AP bio&chem during hs. It was a joke. I acutally had coaches teaching those two classes. So, a little mental trauma, if you will... I guess that I will just buy some cliff notes to refresh my memory. After reading the forum, I realize how important are those science GPA. I guess that I do some volunteering work at the local dental office as well. :love: Thank to you guys!... especially to vict0ria....::blushes:::luck: